Last update: January 17, 2020
We thank you for visiting www.atisgroup.ca (the “Website”) operated by ATIS Group Inc. (“ATIS Group”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED
You may choose to give us personal information when you visit our Website or otherwise when you enter into a relationship with the ATIS Group (for commercial or other purposes). For example, you could be asked to provide personal information when you send a message using our Website or otherwise when you contact us regarding the products we offer. This information may include your last name, first name, postal address, email address and your home or cell phone number.
Other personal information is automatically collected when you visit the Website or when you otherwise enter into relationship with us through the Web, including your IP address.
We use the personal information described above for legitimate purposes which are detailed in the next section.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information that you provide when you use other functionalities of our Website or otherwise when you enter into a relationship with ATIS Group (for commercial or other purposes), including when you participate in the following activities:
- When you fill out a form from our Website;
- When you open an account with ATIS Group;
- When you want to find a service center;
- When you subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters and email communications;
- When you use our social media accounts;
- When you apply for a job;
- When you participate in contests or promotions offered by the ATIS Group; and/or
- When you communicate with us to ask a question, submit a comment or file a complaint (customer service).
In general, the personal information that is collected is used to administer the Website, as well as to reply to your requests or to implement any agreement between ATIS Group and you. To help you better understand how your personal information will be used, you will find below a more detailed explanation on how your personal information will be used in relation to specific activities.
Fill out a form from our Website.
Our Website may make available to you forms that structure the information sent to us, including the information request form. We use the personal information collected in this way to process the forms for the purposes intended.
Opening an account with the ATIS Group.
When you decide to open an account with ATIS Group, your collected personal information is used to create your user account and to allow you to use the features reserved for account holders.
Find a service center.
Our Website provides you with a functionality to identify the service center closest to you. In order to identify the store nearest you, we may ask you for your postal code. This personal information is used to identify the service center closest to you.
Subscribing to our mailing list, newsletter and email communication.
Sometimes, we may collect personal information to send you emails or postal mailings containing our latest news, products, services or promotions as well as those of third parties to whom we are linked. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list (for postal or email communications) at all times by following the instructions provided at the end of every email. You can also unsubscribe from our mailing list by following the instructions set out in the section titled “Contact us” below. Your request will be processed within a reasonable timeframe or by the relevant statutory deadlines.
Use of social media.
We may offer you the opportunity to take advantage of our content from or through third-party networking sites, plug-ins and applications. When you take advantage of our content, you can also allow us to access certain information associated with your social media accounts (for example, your name, username, email address, profile picture, gender) in order to distribute the content or in the context of the operation of the Website, the plug-in or the application. When you provide information about your social media accounts, we may use that information to personalize your browsing on the Website and on third-party networking websites, plug-ins and applications, and to provide you with other products or services that you may request.
As part of a job application or any request for related information, you can provide us with certain personal information about you (for example, information contained in a resume, cover letter or other similar documents relating to a job application). We use this information to process and respond to your request for current and future career prospects.
Registration for a contest or promotion.
When you participate in a contest or promotion, we may collect personal information. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion. When you register for a contest or promotion, we may obtain your consent to send you other promotional offers. If a contest or promotion is organized jointly by us and one or more sponsors, your personal information may be communicated to all sponsors and promotional agencies involved. It is also possible that we use a technological platform offered by a third party (e.g. Woobox.com) to administer our contests or promotions and, in this context, your personal information could be communicated to such supplier(s). We have no authority over the use, disclosure or security of your personal information held by these sponsors, promotional agencies and/or technology platform providers involved in the administration of our contests or promotions and we recommend that you review their privacy statement or notice.
Communicating with us to ask a question, submit a comment or file a complaint (customer service).
If you choose to send us an electronic feedback form or to send comments, questions or feedback via email, we collect some personal information as well as your comments, suggestions and feedback. This personal information is used to respond to your comments, questions or feedback. We can also keep this information to help you in the future. We can also use your comments, suggestions and feedback to monitor and/or enhance our products and service offerings and our Website.
Management database and customer relationship management (CRM).
When you participate in one of the above-mentioned activities, we collect personal information provided to complete and update our customer relationship database. In this context, the personal information collected is used to generate mailing lists and to create internal reports on relationships between ATIS Group and its clients or potential clients to monitor and/or enhance our products and service offerings and our Website.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE WEBSITE
Cookies and other technologies.
Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can identify you. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Website.
A professional web analysis service.
We can also use third parties, including Google, to:
- Use the following features of Google Analytics: the creation of reports based on the saved impressions on Google Display Network (a service that lets you place ads on a variety of news sites, blogs and other niche sites) to attract more potential customers; integration with DoubleClick Campaign Manager (management tool including a set of features used for advertising as well as targeting and monitoring advertising campaigns on websites and mobile devices linked to them, as well as the creation of Google Analytics reports on the demographic data of internet users and their interests);
- Collect, analyze and/or gather your personal information (such as internet users’ IP address, sex, age and interests), as well as create Google Analytics reports on the demographic data of internet users and their interests, in order to help us understand how visitors interact with our Website and to improve our products and our Website.
- The companies conducting remarketing can combine the use of first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies for example), and third-party cookies (like DoubleClick cookies), to (i) gather personal information; (ii) to inform, optimize and advertise based on your previous visits on our Website; and (iii) to determine the relationship between the registered visits to our Website and the advertising impressions, the other uses of advertising services and the interactions with these advertising impressions and these advertising services. To measure the effectiveness of our ads, these companies may also use tracer tags or web beacons to account for certain information regarding your visits to our Website and to the Websites that have links to our site and that advertise it. If so desired, you can deactivate Google Analytics for the Display Ads. You can also customize the advertisements on the Google Display Network. Go to https://www.google.com/settings/ads to set your preferences.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer your personal information that is not encrypted and which we have access to:
- .e. third parties (or otherwise make your personal information available to them) who provide services on our behalf in Canada, in the United States or abroad, including Google in order to use the various Google Analytics features described herein. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- to entities, organizations and authorities for legal purposes. In other words, we and our service providers can disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property; and/or
- to another entity in connection with a merger or sale including all or part of our company or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control. In that case, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of the transaction.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented, and we apply administrative, technical and physical measures aiming to protect the personal information in our custody and control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information of our customers for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
We also take special measures to assess the potential risks associated with the disclosure of your personal information. In the event of a security breach, i.e. if your personal information is lost, disclosed without your authorization or becomes accessible to an unauthorized person, we will inform you of such a breach if it involves a real risk of significant harm. For example, a real risk of significant harm includes bodily harm, humiliation, loss of professional opportunity, financial loss or identity theft. If the breach creates a real risk of significant harm, we will notify you directly as soon as possible. If we cannot notify you directly, we will notify you of the breach through public communication. We will provide you with the information you need to understand the importance of the security breach and take the necessary steps to reduce the risk of harm that may result therefrom. We will also report the security breach to the government and any other organization that we believe may reduce the risk of harm that may result from this breach. We keep a record of all security breaches. Following a security breach, ATIS Group investigates its causes and reviews the protective measures in place to prevent future breaches.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information that we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of any individual seeking access or update to their personal information records.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT TO THE RETENTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
You may withdraw your consent to our retention, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us as set out below in the “Contact us section”. However, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to respond to your requests, process your requests or provide you with any help regarding the Website.
If you have comments or questions about the way we use your personal information or if you would like to access, review, update, or correct the personal information in our custody, please contact us in the manner described below.
Attention of: Sophie Marquis
Mailing address: 3400 rue de L’Éclipse, Suite 420, Brossard, Qc J4Z 0P3
Online: [email protected]